Saturday, May 19, 2012

4th of July scrap layout

It feels like summer, and my blog has been neglected of late....  BUT I got my garden planted, so now I feel like I can devote a little time to it! 

"4th of July" is the theme for my June scrap booking club, and I had SO much fun coming up with this layout!  I wanted to show the "faux metal" technique, and it worked perfectly for the little metal star.





That cute little banner across the top is made with a (new to me set) -- Pennant Parade -- and the Pennant builder punch.  This set is quite versatile as that little banner piece also makes the cutest little Christmas trees! OR use it for a an ice cream cone as well!

Now for the "faux metal" technique:
To make that adorable little metal star, take a scrap of card stock -- apply Versamark ink directly to the paper, then add silver embossing powder and heat with a heat tool.  Repeat this step four times.  On the fourth layer, quickly stamp your stamp into the embossing powder while it's still melted -- you have to stamp quickly after heating/melting the embossing powder.  AND, if you mess up, no worries -- heat the embossing powder again and re-stamp.  Next, punch out the star with the (now retired) small star punch.  You can use any stamp and just trim around the image -- you don't have to have a punch, of course.  But, as much as I hate to cut, I tend to choose images I have a matching punch for. :)

The colors used on this layout are Night of Navy, Real Red, and Whisper White, and Red Glitter paper -- LOVE that stuff!  It is so sparkly and the sparkles don't fall off.  The framelits featured for the journaling element are the new "Apothecary Framelits" from the new catalog -- available for purchase on June 1st.  That cute "rick rack" along the top is from the Tasteful Trims XL Bigz die.  It is such a great, versatile die for scrap booking especially.  I find myself reaching for it again and again.

That's it for today!  Happy Saturday, Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment