Monday, September 3, 2012

Glitter Magic Fall Leaves

Happy Labor Day to you and yours!  The kids are dancing to music, so I am going to drink my morning coffee and post to my blog!  Yippeee!

I have been enthralled with my "glitter magic" technique idea, and had this vision in my head of a crisp, frosty cold morning, where you step outside and the leaves are covered in frost, and the sunshine hits the leaves creating a sparkling wonderland.  Can you picture it?  So, HERE is my creation -- a card we will be making at my upcoming techniques club featuring the "Glitter Magic" technique -- see this post for all the details of how to create this look: Glitter Magic Incorporated

This card also features a cool way to use your framelits to create a fun-fold card.  I saw this idea on Alisha Linn's blog, and thought it was brilliant.




Here I've used the new Window Frames framelits from the Holiday mini catalog.  I love the fact that they are a more "squarish" shape, lending themselves perfectly to many different applications.  So, to create this effect, take your 5 1/2 x 8 1/2" card base, and score the long side at 4 1/4" and 6 3/8".  Fold the card in half as for a normal card, on the 4 1/4" score line, and on the 6 3/8" mark, fold that layer back towards the "backbone" of the card.  Now, to cut the cool half framelit out, get your Big Shot framelit sandwich ready, and line the 6 3/8" score line up with the very front EDGE of your lower cutting pad -- so most of your card is hanging off the cutting pad -- only that scored half of the front panel is on your bottom cutting pad.  Now, place the framelit on top, lining up the center point of the top and bottom of the framelit (in this case the tips of the points) with that same score line, and cutting pad edge underneath.  When you run it through the Big Shot, because part of the framelit is "hanging off" the bottom cutting plate, it won't cut through that part -- only through that front half.

The rest is pretty self explanatory.  I added an Island Indigo framelit  die cut (embossed with the Fancy Fan folder), matching it up exactly with the partial framelit cut out on the card front, so the card can open and close easily.  For the leaf focal point, I stamped Fall leaves from the French Foliage stamp set in Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight, and Cajun Craze inks on a Very Vanilla framelit die cut.  I then adhered my multipurpous adhesive sheet to the front, burnished it well, peeled it off, and covered it with glitter.  Ta Dah! a glittery crisp fall leaf card!  Perfect for a Thinking of you or Sympathy card.

I hope you'll give this technique a try with your framelits -- any of them will work for this project!

Remember, during the month of September, get a FREE roll of 3/8" stithched satin ribbon with every $40 purchase.  Whoo Hoo!  LOVE this ribbon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment