Sunday, September 28, 2014

Fall Scrap-a-stack

Happy weekend, Everyone!  Next weekend is my fall scrap-a-stack.  I have 13 people signed up -- Yikes! that's a lot of prep, but I'm not complaining. :)  Feeling happy that so many of my peeps are excited about it.  One of my goals for this class, is to use up retired papers I have acquired, so all of these layouts used retired products.  For the $25 class fee, each person gets to make (5) 2 page, 12x12 layouts, so each person goes home with 10 pages to add to their scrap books.  Pretty sweet, huh!  I tried really hard this year to make the layouts simpler, so the class wouldn't take so long and the prep for me wouldn't be so laborious as it was last year.  Hopefully I succeeded. :)

Here is the lineup:




I saw a version of this layout at Convention this year, so I have no idea who to give credit to for this idea.  It was so simple, yet so elegant!  It is the Blended Bloom stamp used as a background, as well as the bitty butterfly punch.  Simple, yet effective!  These darling photos are of my kiddos and dad picking raspberries at my parents' home in the Yukon, Canada.  LOVE the pic of Sabina with her bucket and a few berries and that darling little look!  Pure cuteness!



 Here is another layout inspired by one I saw at Convention.  I changed it up to be my own, but none-the-less -- inspired by someone else's design.  These are pics of a recent hike to the incredible Avalanche Lake in Glacier National Park.  That amazing title is stamped with the new SU Larger Thank Life alphabet set, which my friend, Leah, generously let me borrow as I don't own this one yet.




Another layout inspired by an idea I saw on Pinterest.  I changed it up once again, but the strips of paper was someone else's idea.  The title uses the Scalloped tag topper punch, and I stamped the "thanks" word (from the Holiday catalog -- Seasonally Scattered stamp set) first in (retired) More Mustard ink, and then used a sponge dauber to add some Cajun Craze in just over the word and then stamped it.  Those little wood elements are also from the holiday catalog.  LOVE them.  The word "GIVE" is cut out using the "Little Letters" thinlets.  Of course, some texture embossed fall leaves adds a great touch as well, using the Autumn Accents die.




This layout will make a nice dent in my extensive Designer Paper stash!  Yippee skippee!  Inspired by a layout I saw on Pinterest.  The title here also uses the Seasonally Scattered stamp set.  Simple, cheerful, and summery!



I had almost a full pack of the Natural Composition papers left, so I wanted to make a layout using that designer paper.  I also love making the film strip look using the spiral border punch -- which has made a recent comeback in this year's catalog.  I love how the little photos look on the "film strip".  Some super cute pics I took while visiting a favorite lake in the Yukon, Canada, with my parents this past August, were perfect for this layout.  The journaling element is a little punched piece made to look like a page from a notebook.  Kinda fun.  I used the new (this year) Bordering Blooms stamp set to make the stamped vine outline.  So simple, yet lovely!  A very great and versatile stamp set, I think. I also used the ticket punch and the matching "That's the Ticket" stamp set to add some tickets to go with my theme.  I like how this layout turned out.  Monocromatic, with a little pop of color -- the retired Raspberry Ripple.  The title uses a SU set -- Feel Goods.  The black scalloped strip is punched with a retired SU punch.  It tends to be finicky sometimes, and hard to punch, which I am sure is why it got discontinued, but I still love this punch very much!

That's it for today!  Have an amazing rest of your weekend!!!

Just as an FYI, there is a new promotion happening Oct 1st - 6th where a bunch of the essential supplies are going to be 15% off -- boring, but necessary stuff, like envelopes and adhesive and card stock as well as a few stamps will be on sale.  Details to follow when I find out more!  Yeah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment