Saturday, September 6, 2014

Ooh La La! Blended Bloom

Happy Saturday, Everyone!

Today's card is one I made for a Wow card swap I participated in at Convention this year.  I have to say that I LOVE how this card turned out.  The color combo of Black, White, and Daffodil Delight is so striking -- hard to go wrong...



A super cool technique that I incorporated into this card is using the Blendabilities markers to color on top of a white embossed image.  So, I first embossed Blended Bloom using Versamark and white embossing powder on black card stock.  I then simply colored in the center of the bloom with my Dafodill Delight Blendabilities markers.  Because the card stock is black, you can't see the "out of the line scribbles" with the marker.  Pretty cool, right????  Really makes this flower pop.  I also colored the rhinestone with the blendabilities.

Of course, then I fussy cut the flower out.  Yep!  All 20 of them!  The leaf is cut from Daffodil Delight card stock from the Autumn accents die.  I simply embossed the leaves with the dots embossing folder and sponged the edges with Crushed Curry ink.  That gorgeous white doily thingy is the new Darling Doily thin lit die.  I don't know if any of you tried the doily die from the last catalog, but it was a bit HARD to use -- so much so that I stopped demoing it.  THIS one, however, is fabulous and comes out easily and beautifully every time.  SO happy as I love this look.  One trick, put waxed paper between your die and the card stock before you cut and your doily will pop out super easily.

The black panel is embossed with the Lovely Lace embossing folder.  I used the Artisan Label punch and a sentiment from the Regarding Dahlias stamp set, using the new Tuxedo Memento Black ink pad.  THE new awesome black!  In my opinion, toss your old SU Basic Black in the... uh ... trash... and get this new awesome one.  No more smearing, washes off your stamp easily, and gives you a crisp perfect image every time!  AND, it doesn't stamp purple as some of the old black used to do sometimes.  

That cute strip of black and white DSP is from the Black to Black pack.  I admit I wasn't sure how much I loved this paper, but in real life it is so much prettier than in the catalog -- and if you don't like one side of it, the other side is generally much better.  Just an FYI.

Ok! off to enjoy this gorgeous day!  Think I'm going to wash my dirty windows and not sure what else...  According to four year old Sabina, there is a lot of "Mama time" lined up for the day -- coloring together, Kinetic sand creations, and Barbies! :)  My little sweetheart is growing up... but I'm glad she still likes to be with me.  AND, she has the crafty bug as big as her Mama's which makes my heart happy.  She has her own desk and faithfully colors and paints every single day -- sometimes several times a day.  LOVE it!

If you haven't seen the new Holiday catalog yet, it is really great this year!  I think it is one of the very best yet.  So excited about it!

Until I stamp again!...

No comments:

Post a Comment