Saturday, January 17, 2015

Sheltering Tree meets white crayon resist

Happy Saturday, crafty peeps!

At my last stampers' techniques club, we did this card featuring a new stamp set -- Sheltering Tree -- from the Occasions catalog.  I LOVED this set from the first time I saw it.  It has great possibilities for every season, and good for showcasing a number of techniques.  I've been wanting to show the white crayon resist technique for a while, and this was the perfect set to do it.  For best results, use glossy card stock.  SU used to sell it but doesn't anymore, however, I think you could order it online or purchase it from Staples or somewhere?  Anyways, I think your ink blends better on the glossy.

First, I cut out a glossy card stock die cut, using my starburst framelits.  Next, stamp the tree in tuxedo memento black ink and let dry a bit.  Next, use a white crayon -- raid your kids' crayon stashes!-- and outline the branches with crayon, and make a snow bank at the bottom.  Next, sponge ink over top -- I used Lost Lagoon.  Rub a paper towel over the top to wipe off excess ink -- the crayon areas will resist the ink, and look like snow.  For that awesome background panel, I used the new FREE Sale-a-bration freebie paper -- the Irresistably Yours Specialty DSP.  It has a glossy (like embossed) pattern in the paper that resists the ink when you sponge or spritz over top.  I love the patterns -- stripes, vines, dots, stars, little flowers, and scallops.  To me, this paper doesn't look all that exciting at all until you use it and you realize how versatile and awesome it is. That sweet little embellishment, is also front the Occasions catalog -- Something borrowed embellishments.  Love these little beauties.  Really adds a touch of flair.  When the card was complete, I added some dazzling details to the branches of the trees and the snow bank to look a little bit 3-D on the snow.  Everyone seemed to love this card and decided they liked that SAB paper after all!




Wishing each of you a Happy Saturday!  Be sure to check out all the fabulous treasures you can get for FREE right now during Sale-a-bration with a $50 order.  I am most excited about the DSP featured in today's project, the Lotus Blossom stamp set, and the HUGE selection of Blendabilities markers you can get for free! Yippee Skippeee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment