Monday, May 18, 2015

Indescribable gift and spiral flower die wine tag

Happy Monday, Everyone!

Yesterday my crafty stampers' club made this gorgeous wine tag, perfect for spring and summer!  The hostess had requested a wine tag, and I decided to go with a color combo out of my comfort zone -- Coastal Cabana (a soon to be retired color) and Calypso Coral.  I really like how it turned out, and it is definitely on the trendy side. :)

For the base of the wine tag, I used an embossing folder from the spring catalog, Spring Flowers.  This cute little folder is not carrying over to the new catalog, so get it before June 2nd if you love it!

The flower is made with the spiral flower die -- using two die cut flowers (Calypso Coral and Crisp Cantaloupe) layered together.  To achieve this vintage looking flower, spritz your die cuts liberally with water, wad them up in your hand, crumpling them well, then smooth out and roll up into your rose and hot glue it together.  Smoosh and scrunch your rose till you like the look of the petals.  To make the leaves, I scored a pc of Pear Pizzazz card stock, then folded on the score line and punched petals with the large oval punch.  I then put them through the Stylish Stripes embossing folder to make it look like veins on the leaves.  For that background behind the rose, I used a die cut piece from the Artisan Embellishment kit (no longer available to purchase), and turned it into a stencil by coating it well with gel medium to make it waterproof, then sponged Coastal Cabana ink over it with a sponge dauber.  For the second wine tag, I used the Indescribable Gift stamp set from the Occasions catalog -- a set that isn't carrying over, so if you love it, get it!  Just sayin'!  I stamped the brach in Memento Black ink and then colored the flowers in using my Blender pens and Calypso Coral, Espresso, and Pear Pizzazz inks.  I added Crystal Effects to the larger flowers to add some dimension to them.  I rather like how it turned out.

Other products used: Calypso Coral, Whisper White, and Coastal Cabana card stock, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 3/4" scallop circle punch, Costal Cabana, Calypso Coral, and Pear Pizzazz ink, Pear Pizzazz and Calypso Coral chevron ribbon.

Be sure to check out the Paper Pumpkin special by clicking on the button on the upper right -- 50% off your first two months subscription.  SWEET!!!!!  Who doesn't love getting a crafty box delivered right to their door every month? :)







No comments:

Post a Comment