Monday, May 25, 2015

Sneak Peak -- "You've Got This" stamp set

Here is a brand new stamp set called "You've Got This" that will be in the new catalog coming out June 2nd. It was a must have on my list, as it comes with this cool cross hatch background as well as that beautiful floral image.  I stamped the flower onto watercolor paper in black Stayzon ink, and then used an aqua painter and a new In Color ink, Watermelon Wonder, to color in the flower.  This color is my definite favorite of the New In Colors this year -- a vibrant watermelon color -- very poppy like.  And, for those of you who know me, all things poppies are special to me, as they grew everywhere when I was a little girl, thanks to my mom who planted them in honor of her mom....  I, too, have poppies growing all around my yard....

The card base is also a new In Color, called Tip Top Taupe.  It is a great neutral color that will play well with many other colors in our line up.  I randomly stamped the cross hatch background in the same ink color -- Tip Top Taupe.

The leaves and stems are colored in with another new In Color, Cucumber Crush -- a very vibrant green.  The flower stamens are colored with Delightful Dijon -- also a new In Color.  Of course, I added a little dazzling diamonds glitter to the flower center with my two way glue pen -- it just makes that flower 'pop'!  That little lace trim you see, is the new In Color lace trim -- I only purchased it in the Tip Top Taupe color.  Soft, easy to tie, and a subtle accent to your project.


 Here is a second card I made, featuring this stamp in a "non-colored in" fashion.  I wanted to try different neutrals together with the new Tip Top Taupe to see how they look together.  I rather like how it came out.  I stamped the central image on a Sahara Sand die cut in Memento Black ink.  I then used the white signo gel pen to highlight the petals lightly.  The die cut mat is Tip Top Taupe stamped with the cross hatch stamp again.  LOVE that stamp!  So versatile.  I know I will be reaching for this stamp for dozens of projects.  Will be perfect for scrap book pages as well.

Another new product in the upcoming catalog, is heavy weight Whisper White card stock -- perfect for a card base as it not so flimsy and holds up to adding layers to it much better.

Other product used on this card:  Basic Black card stock, the Tip Top Taupe lace trim, Soft Suede ink,  deco label framelits, and Tuxedo Memento Black ink.



These are easy peasy lemon squeezy cards, but I thought they show cased this new stamp set in an easily re-creatable way. :)

Happy long weekend to each of you, and may we pause and remember those who have given their lives for our freedom!


No comments:

Post a Comment