Thursday, October 15, 2015

Woodland Beauty

Happy Thursday, Everyone!

One of my very favorite things in the Holiday catalog, is the woodland embossing folder.  It is a 6" folder, so you can orient your card either horizontally or vertically.  Yeah!  I just love the natural birch tree kind of look it creates.  I saw a card similar to this one on Pinterest, and thought it was so pretty, so I gave it my own twist and used it for my Stamping Techniques club at my last class.  The little cardinals are from the White Christmas stamp set.  We stamped them on the tree branches, and then colored them in with a Real Red marker.  After embossing the Crumb Cake panel with the woodland embossing folder, we then used an Early Espresso marker to color in the "bark" openings in the tree trunks.  Next we added White craft ink to the trees with a sponge dauber.  We dried it with a heat tool to keep the ink from smearing.  Note: to get your white craft ink on the little branches without getting it where you don't want it, use a Q-tip! :)  We made  little snow bank for the bottom of the card, using the dazzling diamonds glimmer paper.  I simply cut a 2x4" piece of the glimmer paper, and cut it in a curvy line with my paper snips, creating two perfect snow banks for two cards at once.  The red border at the bottom, is the new red foil paper from the holiday catalog.  LOVE it! So beautiful!!!  I embossed it with the softly falling embossing folder -- also from the holiday catalog.

For the final touch, we added the wood snowflake elements -- another darling embellishment from the holiday catalog.  I love these little guys so much, I am using them on TWO of the cards we will be making at my Christmas card Stamp-a-stack.  Here, I just added the plain snowflake, but you can use a sponge dauber to color it and then add glitter on top -- Oooh la la!!!

For the final touches: use the new fine tip glue pen and add a little trail of glue on the branches.  Then dump a healthy portion of Dazzling diamonds glitter on top, and you get that kind of 3-D look of snow on the branches.


My kids don't have school today, and there are BIG PLANS!  Bryn is going fishing with his friend, and Sabina is having five little friends over for a tea party/play date -- "fancy dresses welcome, but not required."  I found a Frozen themed tea party set, and she has been working on the "tea party decorations" non stop since she got home from school yesterday.  Gotta love these little moments in their lives!  Each one is unique and special, and they all go by way too fast!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment